Sunday, November 14, 2010

Don't Say I Didn't Warn You: Kids, Carbs and the Coming Hormonal Apocalypse

This book is by Anita Renfroe. The name may not ring a bell but she is the lady from the Youtube video who sings "The Mom Song" to the William Tell Overture. When Kitty forwarded that to me a year or so ago, I'd never heard of her but my mom had. She'd heard of her speaking at a church in Shreveport. Renfroe is a comedian and speaker married to a minister. The book is cute. It seems to be pieces of her act, including an expansion of "The Mom Song" which I really like. I have no idea how she remembers all of it and gets it out in 3 minutes. My favorite chapter is called The Poinsettia Executioner and how she has to be the bad guy once Christmas time is over. I feel her pain. I may or may not have bought this book for someone near and dear to me, so anyone who knows me should not read this until after the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment